Why A Website Needs Stock Photos?
What is Stock Photo?
A stock photo is an electronic photograph used for creative or business purposes in lieu of hiring a photographer for a given project. Users retrieve stock photos from stock photo websites, which often license images for designated one-time uses, or sell royalty-free rights to photos that can be purchased once and used repeatedly. — Techopedia
Why Stock Photos?
We always encourage our clients to use stock photos on their websites. This is because there are 67% of online shoppers said high-quality images were very important to their purchasing decision, according to MDG Advertising.
Although stock photos are good for your website, you still have to choose them wisely. Pick those photos that are related to your topic and match your design.
Where To Get Stock Photos For Free?
- Filter function: You can filter by colour, orientation, style and so on.
- Provides signed model and property releases for free
- They have a team of members to review each photo manually to ensure the quality
- Provide high-quality stock photos and different graphic resources such as PSD files, illustrations, vector images and so on.
- Millions of graphic resources are available for free
- You can download the resources formates that compatible with Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop
- Has powerful filters to find any resource, orientation, colour, style and so on.
- Has a very large database of high-quality images
- More oriented towards business and marketing
- Offer free vectors and illustrations
- A great source of free stock photos, wallpapers and even textures
- Well-curated and has daily new additions
- Good search engine and is well-organized for browsing by category
- Have a huge collection of unique stock images
- Offers a design wizard that allows you to make basic edits like adding text overlays before downloading
- The basics are free, or you can subscribe their paid version to have full-feature online image editing tool
The above are the sources for free stock photos. Of course, if you need more assistance on your website, you are welcome to contact us!