HTML – Your Face & Body (Content & Layout)
HTML is the language that determines how documents and web pages are displayed in a web browser. It is the language for the building blocks of any website.
CSS – Your Cloths (Styling & Look)
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a popular style sheet language that determines how a document created in HTML is styled. It can control the colours, font styles, layout, and responsive features of a document.
What’s The Difference?
HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages. — W3 Schools
Used to create the structure:
- Controls the layout of the content
- Provides structure for the web page design
- The fundamental building block of any web page
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets language and is used to stylize elements written in a markup language such as HTML. — Hostinger
Used to style the website:
- Applies style to the web page elements
- Targets various screen sizes to make web pages
- Primary handles the “look and feel” of the web page
- Adds interactivity to a web page
- Handles complex functions and features
- Programmatic code which enhances the functionality
What Can You Do With Each Programming Language?
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is used to create the structure of a website.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is used to style the appearance of a website.
If you’re having trouble with a particular component of your website, knowing the difference between these three programming languages can help you diagnose the problem and find a solution.
Web Development & Coding Languages
Each of these web development languages serves a different purpose. For example, Ruby is a scalable and fast programming language that can help you build an extensive website or program in a short time. When paired with the Ruby on Rails framework, it gives developers practically everything they need to build a website. With a language like SQL, developers can maintain and optimize large databases in a much more streamlined manner.
Different types of projects use different languages. Many professional web developers also have their preferences that they use even if other programming languages have been more popular. Various platforms are built in different languages. For example, WordPress uses powerful PHP code even though HTML and CSS are used as well.
The language that you use for your project depends on your specific goals and objectives. By understanding what your goals are, you can determine which languages will be best suited for developing your website or application. This will help ensure that your project is successful and meets all of your business objectives.
What Is HTML?
What Can You Do With HTML?
The main reason to learn HTML is that it allows you, as a website owner, to create the basic structure of your website. You can then use any other coding language to enhance the design.
- Will significantly increase the control and flexibility of your website with the basic knowledge of HTML.
- Will be able to make changes to the websites on your own.
- You are able to use HTML to do some minor changes even though the website has implemented many complex functions.
What Is CSS?
CSS is a style sheet language focused almost entirely on improving the presentation of HTML elements. CSS can be used to make your website appear visually appealing and modern. By understanding the basics of CSS, you can make changes to improve the look and feel of your website to better reflect your company’s image.
What Can You Do With CSS?
Although CSS is mostly used for creating static visual effects, the latest versions of the programming language offer some functionality for very simple animations.
- You can use CSS to change the colour of text on a web page by adding “style” code to the HTML code that’s already on your page.
- CSS can also be used to change the layout and formatting of your website.
- You can improve the look of your website and all the HTML you’ve already added to it.
- Create a calculator for your website
- Create various keyboard shortcuts that allow users to effortlessly navigate to other pages
- Play animations when users scroll down the page
Best Resources To Learn Web Development Languages
Web development languages are in high demand these days. No matter which programming language you want to learn, there are plenty of resources available online that can help you get started. If you’re looking to improve your knowledge and understanding of the many common web development languages, here are some fantastic resources that will allow you to enhance your skills in this area:
It is possible to develop and maintain a website for your business without having any knowledge of coding, but having a basic understanding of the more common programming languages will give you more control over how your website looks, feels, and performs. Therefore, it is beneficial to learn at least some coding if you want to build or edit your website without assistance.
If you need any assistance on your website, you are welcome to contact us – Web Design Malaysia.