Use The Right Images and Product Descriptions To Increase Sales
If you’re running an e-commerce business, you want to encourage visitors to buy your products. High-quality images and product descriptions play a big role in driving conversions.
Whether you’re just getting started in the e-commerce world or you’re looking to take your business to the next level (why not an eCommerce website?), incorporating this strategy is essential.
Find out the answers to the below questions could help you a lot:-
- How do the images and product descriptions improve your users’ experience?
- How can you produce high-quality eCommerce product images?
- Where can you source the stock images for your products?
- What is the next step?
1. How Do The Images And Product Descriptions Improve Your Users’ Experience?
Images are important for your website’s UX because people are visual creatures. Having clear and engaging pictures can make it easier for people to follow your website’s UX and browse through your products. Images can also be great for driving engagement and sales on your website.
When you have an e-commerce website, it’s important to make sure that it loads quickly and looks great. With so many options available to shoppers online, you need to make sure that your website stands out from the crowd.
Once you have someone’s attention, it’s crucial to provide a great UX so they don’t go to another site to do their shopping. Images can play a big role in providing a great UX for your website visitors.
Humans Are Visual Creatures
Images are important for your website’s UX because people are visual creatures. They can play a big role in providing a great UX for your website visitors. Images can also be great for driving engagement and sales on your website. However, it is also important to make sure the images load quickly so the customers will stay on your eCommerce website.
Images Help Visitors To Follow Easily
On a website, images are very useful especially good at used to break up content and help users find what they are looking for. Images help visitors to follow easier compared to using only words. Using images on your website (not only eCommerce website) could provide a more pleasant experience to your visitors.
Images And Product Description Help To Improve Engagement and Conversions
Product descriptions are great for giving potential customers an overview of what you’re selling. By keeping your language brief and to the point, you can give people a good sense of what your product does, how it works, and why they should buy it—all in just a few lines of text.
When writing product descriptions, think about what would persuade someone to buy your product. Be sure to include key information such as features, benefits, and specs, and use persuasive language to get people excited about what you’re offering.
2. How Can You Produce High-quality eCommerce Product Images?
Make sure each type of product you offer has its own unique image. This will help your customers remember your products and make it easier for them to find what they’re looking for on your website.
In general, follow these tips to ensure you’re getting the best possible product image on your website:
– Use high-quality images that are clear and well-lit.
– Make sure the images are of the actual product, not just generic stock photos.
– Use images that are relevant to the product and show it being used.
– Avoid using too many images or videos on a single page, as this can slow down your website.
– Use descriptive text to accompany your images and videos, so customers know what they’re looking at.
– Make sure the image is clear and in focus. This will help potential customers see your product more clearly and determine if it’s something they’re interested in.
– Use a white background. This will make your product stand out and look more professional.
– Make sure your product is well-lit. Poor lighting can make your product look washed out or oddly coloured.
– Use interesting angles. Get creative with your product images. Use interesting angles, such as close-ups or shots from above or below, to really showcase your product.
– Use lifestyle images. This can help really show off your product and give visitors a better sense of what it’s like to use it.
– Show the product from different angles. This way, visitors can get a 360-degree view of your product from different angles.
– Allow to zoom in. Zoom-in and zoom-out functions enable customers to get a close look at your products.
Remember this, the tips we mentioned above are not strict for all eCommerce websites. Because every industry and website is different. Hence, as long as your product images look good enough to encourage visitors to purchase will do.
3. Where Can You Source The Stock Images For Your Products?
While pictures of an actual product are ideal, stock images can be a great option to consider if you need images for categories of products or pictures of similar items to what you’re selling. Stock images are typically going to be high-quality options that are readily available, making them a great way to get the images you need for your site.
You can find free stock images on websites like Pixabay and Unsplash, or you can purchase premium stock photos from providers like Shutterstock and iStock. The premium stock image providers generally have a greater selection and ensure the quality of the images is top-notch.
4. What Is The Next Step ?
If you already have an eCommerce website set up, you want to take a close look at each of your product pages. If images are already being used, check to ensure they are high quality and placed in a way that will encourage visitors to make a purchase.
With product descriptions, do the same thing. Try out different strategies for images and descriptions to see which ones work best.
If you don’t have an eCommerce website set up yet, now is the time to do it. Find an eCommerce platform that makes it easy to add and manage images and descriptions for all of your pages.
Many eCommerce platforms come with web hosting included, but if you choose one that doesn’t, be sure to also have a fast and reliable hosting solution in place to give visitors the best experience possible.
Need more assistance? Contact us today – Web Design Malaysia