What Is Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting allows hundreds or even more clients to share entire dedicated server resources. Because it is shared among a number of different sites, therefore the subscription cost is very affordable. The monthly price ranges from RM 3 to RM 30 depending on the specifications of the package you subscribe to. Hence, shared hosting is a popular choice, especially for first-time website owners.
By having the low-cost advantage, shared hosting always attracts small business owners, bloggers and portfolio websites. Although shared hosting has many limitations, however, their resources are still pretty enough for beginners or simple websites. So, you won’t spend on unnecessaries resources.
When your website reaches a thousand or above visitors, or you look for more flexible resources, you can upgrade to another hosting package according to your budget and needs. Not to worry, you won’t have to be stuck with the same level of hosting forever.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- The very affordable hosting server you could find in the market. Usually, the price is from RM 3 – RM 30 per month.
- A great level of hosting server for beginners to kick start. You can upgrade anytime according to your needs and budget.
- Shared hosting usually comes with a built-in cPanel. It helps you easier to manage.
- Usually will include the hosting package, hence you do not need to worry about technical maintenance for the server.
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
- The loading speed can be a lot slower than a dedicated server.
- You will feel your site’s performance start to decline while the traffic is increased or more functions are added to your website.
- Your site will have server memory limitations. Due to you sharing the server with many other sites.
- You will never know who is sharing the server with you. Therefore there is the risk of spamming and hacker activity taking place on your site.
- Lack of customization options for you to optimize your site’s performance.
As a beginner, it can be confusing to sort out all the different kinds of web hosting that are available in the market. The packages from different agencies are quite similar, therefore choosing the right agency should be the priority.
If you would like to seek more information, you are welcome to chat with us, before you make your final decision.